Activation area check

I purchased a ESET I.S. multi-license on 3 devices 5 or 6 years ago online at Russian Esetnod32 website, because I am a Russian citizen. I was using Russian credit card, naturally. After that I was renewing my license the same way from the same store.

But since I am also a permanent resident of Japan, and travel the world, I was installing Eset I.S. on my devices abroad from time to time. And there was no problem with activation; no one ever mentioned that there are regional restrictions.

But yesterday, after Windows Update had damaged my computer, after reinstalling I tried activating it again, and got ACT.33 error.

As I found, it indicates that ESET has restricted the activation to the country of purchase.

What an insane situation?

I thought, "Inter" in the "Internet" means International, without limits. Eset accepted my VISA card, which is an international paying system.

So why? Is it even legal?

Do we live in a concentration camp? A new digital concentration camp?

Who will return me the money paid for the 3 years of the last license renewal?

• Administrators

It depends on the license and the partner if they enable regional restrictions on the license. Currently we have no information about your license since there's none registered with your forum email address. Please provide your public license ID in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX for a start.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, Hale_JP said:

Under public, you mean the short number above the license number in my.eset cabinet?

Hard to say, it's in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX. It if looks like that, then it is that. If you have a good reason to get an exception for the regional lock on the license (which you have), I'd recommend contacting the license issuer and explaining them your situation.

I did not find, where in the profile is the license number form. So here it is. I guess, public means safe to show? 3AC-CB6-JAW

Regional support still does not reply.

Edited by Hale_JP

On 12/2/2021 at 4:10 PM, Marcos said:

Hard to say, it's in the form of XXX-XXX-XXX. It if looks like that, then it is that. If you have a good reason to get an exception for the regional lock on the license (which you have), I'd recommend contacting the license issuer and explaining them your situation.

Marcos, they refuse to answer. Just stated that you check the area of purchase, and do not reply any more.