About Eset Online Scanner

Nori-chan
Go to solution Solved by Arakasi,

Hello everyone.

Sorry for posting this thread here, because i coudn't find the EOS part of the forum.

I downloaded today the EOS on my PC.

Since I'm using Google Chrome, I had to install the program too.

The EOS downloaded some files, I turned off my anti-virus live protection (Avast) and then the program downloaded some vaccines...

When the program started the scan, I disconnected my PC from the internet, so I could use the cable on my laptop.

So, my question is: Does EOS scan works without internet after downloading the vaccines and other things before?

Sorry for any english mistakes, and thank you for the help!

Hello,

The next question to be asked is , " does the ESET Online Scanner utilize Live grid technology ? "

I do not see any documentation where EOS states you require Online connectivity after the signatures are downloaded.

"Fer" or anyone else in connection with the KB team; Can we get this added to the KB article ? Live grid usage with EOS ? Or online connection requirement after installation and download of signatures.

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN405

Good question Nori-chan. :)

I just want to point out that EOS is not a real-time protection product, so don't forget to turn on Avast again.  :)

I did 1 test here.

Doing both scans on my PC here (1 without disconection, and another with disconection), both didn't detected anything.

Will try now a test on my laptop.

• Administrators

Regarding EOS and LiveGrid, the answer is no as querying LiveGrid database about each scanned file would significantly increase the scan time.

Regarding EOS and LiveGrid, the answer is no as querying LiveGrid database about each scanned file would significantly increase the scan time.

Wait,looks like that i didn't understand everything....

You are telling that without connection, EOS will only take more time to scan (but the scan will still find infections)?

EDIT: Please remember that since I'm using Google Chrome, I had to download the program and download the vaccines and signatures.

Edited by Nori-chan

• Solution

You need internet to utilize live grid which is cloud checksum against files.

As stated its not used for EOS. Only for the standard product.

This means once the signitures are downloaded and the online scanner starts scanning your system, you no longer need internet.

You need internet to utilize live grid which is cloud checksum against files.

As stated its not used for EOS. Only for the standard product.

This means once the signitures are downloaded and the online scanner starts scanning your system, you no longer need internet.

Nice to know that.

Thank you for the answer.