ERA Agent Trace.log Health Check failed with grpc error

Hello,

I have ESET Server Security installed on my Windows Server 2019 Datacenter VM's in Azure. For all of my VM's, the ERA Agent trace.log file shows repeated (a lot) of errors for failed health checks to a particular endpoint. I'll leave one such message below for reference. I'd like to figure out why this is occurring. Our servers only allow TLS 1.2 server protocols, and TLS 1.0,1.1, and 1.2 client protocols. 

2021-10-06 13:14:26 Error: CReplicationModule [Thread 1828]: CAgentReplicationManager: HealthCheck failed with grpc error to (2tjwO_SOMETHINGLIKETHIS.a.ecaserver.eset.com) with error: Request: Era.Common.Services.HealthCheck.ServerHealthcheckRequest on connection: host: "2tjwO_SOMETHINGLIKETHIS.a.ecaserver.eset.com" port: 443 with proxy set as: Proxy: Connection: :3128, Credentials: Name: , Password: ******, Enabled:0, EnabledFallback:1, failed with error code: 14, error message: Endpoint read failed, and error details: 

additional info: I am investigating issues with my servers which are causing network outages. One line of thinking I am investigating is that somehow over a period of long uptime, the VM's are exhausting all sockets and then can't establish further connections. Either way, if this isn't related to that issue I still want to figure out what the heck this error is. 

I have verified that the virtual machine can reach the endpoint specified in the error over port 443 via telnet, would appreciate any insight to why we are getting this error!

Ok I will do that. There seems to be an issue in the era agent which is causing port exhaustion issues with my production VM's @Marcos

I had the issue occur again today, was able to establish serial console access to one of my VM's only to see with a netstat command that the ERA agent had established thousands and thousands of connections. The list was endless. 

Edit: For now I've uninstalled and reinstalled the ESET Server Security and Remote Management Agent products to see if that helps cure the problem. 

Edited by Pabs