Limited Direct Cloud Connectivity

cipher

I'm experiencing the same issues others did in this thread that's now closed:

It just started happening for me recently, in the last couple of weeks or so. I've noticed it is triggered more regularly by launching the Steam client or a Steam-based app.

ESET, why is this still an issue? I've turned on iris logging by adding the file "iris_force_enable_logs" so I'm just waiting for it to happen again. Is there any way to disable these notifications about Direct Cloud Connectivity? Really annoying.

Thanks.

• Administrators

The problem is that ESET cannot communicate with the LiveGrid servers for some reason. Since LiveGrid is crucial for providing virtually instant protection from new threats, you are notified when LiveGrid doesn't fully work.

In order to enable logging, you don't have to create any file, just enable advanced antispam logging under Tools -> Diagnostics in the advanced setup. We'll wait for your logs and then check them out then.

Marcos, I had this error reported from ESET again today. Seems to happen sometimes when I open a specific Steam-based app. I've done trace routes (WinMTR) to different servers in the US and don't have any dropped packets and response time is good (always double digits or less ms to each hop).

I'm including my iris logs from today as well as logs from the ESET Log Collector (last 30 days). I hope that helps?

Thanks.

eset_cipher_logs.zip eav_logs.zip

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, cipher said:

Marcos, I had this error reported from ESET again today. Seems to happen sometimes when I open a specific Steam-based app. I've done trace routes (WinMTR) to different servers in the US and don't have any dropped packets and response time is good (always double digits or less ms to each hop).

I'm including my iris logs from today as well as logs from the ESET Log Collector (last 30 days). I hope that helps?

Thanks

Looks like there were connectivity issues. The last successful connection to servers was at 20:39. Then there's a gap until failures which started at 21:21. Connectivity was restored at 21:24.

30 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Looks like there were connectivity issues. The last successful connection to servers was at 20:39. Then there's a gap until failures which started at 21:21. Connectivity was restored at 21:24.

So does that mean there was no Internet connectivity between my location and servers in Slovakia? Or was this to a server in another country? I noticed the "avcloud.e5.sk" listing, but I don't wish to do lookups of all of those other IPs listed in the logs.

If there is no resolution, then what's the best way to suppress these messages? For example, in the settings for Desktop Notifications I can select Diagnostic, Informative (current setting), Warnings, Errors, Critical. Would choosing "Warnings" level get rid of these LiveGrid connectivity messages?

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't heard from you since then.

So I set notifications to Critical only, but even that didn't help to get rid of them. So I disabled notifications from the taskbar settings for just ESET and that stopped it. Fortunately it doesn't stop virus/malware alerts, as I hit a web page that triggered a known malware alert and the ESET warnings worked just fine (I also whitelist domains and sites for scripting, so I'm protected there as well).

For those experiencing this annoying ESET issue and searching for a resolution, that's the one change that helped me: disable ESET notifications from your task bar in Windows. It blocks these annoying messages by still lets the ESET app notify you about potential viruses and other malware.

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Masamunnex said:

i am getting the same issue when launching steam, started happening this week

If you are able to reproduce the warning easily, please carry on as follows:

- enable advanced logging under Help and support -> Technical support
- reproduce the warning
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

If it takes longer to reproduce it, enable just advanced antispam logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is that ESET cannot communicate with the LiveGrid servers for some reason. Since LiveGrid is crucial for providing virtually instant protection from new threats, you are notified when LiveGrid doesn't fully work.

Okay, but what is the reason? Why it may "not fully work" ?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, herbert17p said:

Okay, but what is the reason? Why it may "not fully work" ?

Because something is blocking communication with ESET's servers. If you want to investigate it, enable advanced antispam logging in the advanced setup -> tools -> diagnostics, duplicate the issue, then disable logging and collect logs with ESET Log Collector. When done, upload the generated archive here.