Eset Endpoint Security on Windows Server 2019

MarianL

Can I use safely Eset Endpoint Security on Windows Server 2019?
It`s a simple computer working as small DNS server. It is very important to have on it firewall. Unfortunately ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server does not provide such a capability.

Guys from ESET. For so many years you have never been able to port perfectly working firewall from EES to ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server. I do not understand what the problem is to add it disabled by default. To whom it is needed, will be able to activate it in the settings.

• Administrators

ESET Endpoint Security is not tested on server operating systems. Not sure if the current version of Endpoint can install on servers, at least there may be restrictions in the all-in-one installer.

You can try installing it but it's not a supported and tested scenario.

• Most Valued Members
36 minutes ago, MarianL said:

Can I use safely Eset Endpoint Security on Windows Server 2019?
It`s a simple computer working as small DNS server. It is very important to have on it firewall. Unfortunately ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server does not provide such a capability.

Guys from ESET. For so many years you have never been able to port perfectly working firewall from EES to ESET Server Security for Microsoft Windows Server. I do not understand what the problem is to add it disabled by default. To whom it is needed, will be able to activate it in the settings.

You can combine Server Security with Windows Firewall, or this isn't in your options?

As Marcos mentioned that it's not tested on Windows Server and it could possibly make problems for your Windows Server , especially the Firewall part since it's not tested on Windows Server environments.

Edited by Nightowl