Banking Protection

Guest Tm Jones

can I know more details about the option "secure all browser" as like will I get the same amount of protection equal to the redirected secure banking page by ESET ?

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Guest Tm Jones said:

can I know more details about the option "secure all browser" as like will I get the same amount of protection equal to the redirected secure banking page by ESET ?

Yes far as I know secure all browsers is basically banking protection but for the full browsers rather than just banking sites. I belive it encrypts keys to prevent keylogging.

@Marcosis there a page for secure browser as I've seen a few ask questions in regards to it but Googling only seems to show a page for endpoint?

9 hours ago, peteyt said:

s there a page for secure browser as I've seen a few ask questions in regards to it but Googling only seems to show a page for endpoint?

The main difference between stand-alone B&PP mode and the new "secure all supported" browsers B&PP mode is Eset made an accommodation to allow browser add-ons/extensions as shown below. In stand-alone B&PP mode, add-ons/extensions are not allowed. As such, I consider stand-alone B&PP mode more secure for critical financial activity web sites.

Browser protection

Secure all browsers – Enable this option to start all supported web browsers in a secure mode.

Extension installation mode – From the drop-down menu, you can select which extensions will be allowed to be installed on a browser secured by ESET:

Essential extensions – Only the most essential extensions developed by a particular browser manufacturer.

Popular extensions – The most useful and popular extensions supported by a particular browser.

All extensions – All extensions supported by a particular browser.

https://help.eset.com/eis/14/en-US/idh_config_opp.html

Edited by itman
  • Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, itman said:

The main difference between stand-alone B&PP mode and the new "secure all supported" browsers B&PP mode is Eset made an accommodation to allow browser add-ons/extensions as shown below. In stand-alone B&PP mode, add-ons/extensions are not allowed. As such, I consider stand-alone B&PP mode more secure for critical financial activity web sites.

https://help.eset.com/eis/14/en-US/idh_config_opp.html

Maybe there should be an option for no addons

15 minutes ago, peteyt said:

Maybe there should be an option for no addons

Personally, I view the Secure All Browsers option as Eset security "eye candy."

What they should have implemented was a browser sandbox option which has been requested previously many times. Sandboxie is now open source and I really don't trust open source software.

Edited by itman
Guest Tm jones
8 hours ago, itman said:

As such, I consider stand-alone B&PP mode more secure for critical financial activity web sites.

hi @itman

thanks for the response

Normally I use ESET secured browser mode for all time and do banking activities in secured browser mode . So, is it recommended to use  stand-alone B&PP mode for doing banking activities for alike PayPal or SCB  ? 

8 hours ago, Guest Tm jones said:

So, is it recommended to use  stand-alone B&PP mode for doing banking activities for alike PayPal or SCB  ? 

Eset maintains a whitelist of financial web sites. If ones of these are selected in normal browser mode, Eset will auto open the web site in B&PP. Note that the Eset B&PP mode whitelist does not contain all financial based web sites that exist; only the commonly used ones.

If the financial web site you wish to access is not whitelisted, then the web site would have to be accessed by manually opening B&PP. However, any web site can be added manually to open auto in B&PP via:

Eset GUI -> Setup -> Security Tools -> Banking and Payment protection -> mouse click on the gear symbol -> select "Configure."