How long does it take to get an update after release?

On Monday, a new version was released:

I downloaded the installation file from the website already, but don't get the update in ESET. It doesn't matter how often I search for updates. ESET stays with the old version.

image.png.d829392b8bcd7031798d672d66ad5253.png

How long does it take to get this update? Do I have to update manually with the help of the installation file?

• Administrators

Today we've made version 14.2.19 the latest available due to an issue found in v14.2 23 which is being addresed. A new hotfix will be available soon.

8 hours ago, Marcos said:

Today we've made version 14.2.19 the latest available due to an issue found in v14.2 23 which is being addressed. A new hotfix will be available soon.

Yesterday I was unable to update to 14..2.23 via selecting 'Check for Updates' within the programme.  I went  to the website to download and  install the latest version which didn't go at all smoothly.  

Interesting that you've now pulled v14.2.23 but outwith this thread there's no information and no advice if you have already installed v14.2.23.  For key security software this is simply not good enough.

Edited by Skier

• Administrators

If you have v14.2.23 installed you don't have to do anything unless you experience crashes which you shouldn't by default. Issues may occur only under specific circumstances with non-default firewall mode settings.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Skier said:

I went  to the website to download and  install the latest version which didn't go at all smoothly. 

Please elaborate more on this. The live installer is quite small and other files are downloaded during installation. Normally the download speed is several MB/s but it may differ with the region. If the download speed was slow and you are able to reproduce it, please contact your local ESET distributor for troubleshooting.

18 hours ago, Marcos said:

If you have v14.2.23 installed you don't have to do anything unless you experience crashes which you shouldn't by default. Issues may occur only under specific circumstances with non-default firewall mode settings.

I use the firewall in Interactive Mode which is not the default but I haven't seen any crashes to this point.

18 hours ago, Marcos said:

Please elaborate more on this. The live installer is quite small and other files are downloaded during installation. Normally the download speed is several MB/s but it may differ with the region. If the download speed was slow and you are able to reproduce it, please contact your local ESET distributor for troubleshooting.

The installation hung twice with a message that I can't recall.  It was a single word such as 'Progressing' or 'Processing.'  On rebooting after the second instance of hanging (I waited for around 15 minutes) ESET showed as v14.2.23.0 though there we several settings that hadn't bee read across from the previous installation.