Mark failed task as finished

Servus Community,

I've some tasks with failed executions (ESET Software Update) but not all of them are really failed. At least one of them has the newest version installed and should be displayed as finished in the task history. Further another client was updated manually by installing the current version due to the last progress description "Task failed, try to install software manually". This client also stay in a failed state.

How can I manually mark failed tasks as finished? Please note that this particular task has a lot of clients for running the update task and most of them are in a finished state...

Thx & Bye Tom

• ESET Staff

Hello, manually altering task execution results is currently not possible. You can rerun the task on the "failed clients", and if the correct version will be there, it should end up in "finished state". 

48 minutes ago, MichalJ said:

Hello, manually altering task execution results is currently not possible. You can rerun the task on the "failed clients", and if the correct version will be there, it should end up in "finished state". 

Now the task status is set to Running and does not change anymore. However, the initial situation has changed a little. I also had a few clients where the error (update not finished) was actually given. I then created a new task and selected the version to be updated to, directly in the list of available products. By the way, the task I am trying to fix had the URL to the last version selected as the product. For all clients that failed to install the last product version, I ran the task with the product I selected myself and all clients updated correctly. Now I have tested the Rerun on failed option on one of the clients but the task remains in the Running state.

I have no idea why the tasks are not fully completed. I always have to use a combination of tasks when updating the whole infrastructure, once with the URL to the last version and once with the self-selected version. Is there something I am doing wrong?

Thx & Bye Tom

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-26 um 17.34.09.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-07-26 um 17.32.26.png