Web Cam Access

Guest Devid henry

Chrome was closed but uncertainly eset poped up for the permission to access webcam on chrome . 

i blocked web cam access for chrome in default ages ago . so , there is no question to ask me for giving access to web cam on chrome . 

so , why did ESET wanted permission for web cam for chrome ?

• Most Valued Members

i don't have chrome, but i suppose it's not too different from Edge.
click the 3 dots and select settings, from there type in the search field background apps and see if it's enabled.

i've noticed that this keeps some instances of Chrome running in the background, perhaps this triggered the notification, due to it checking for camera permissions perhaps.

Capture.thumb.PNG.4261f0decc3f7fea4a4f89fce780475e.PNG

Guest David Henry
10 hours ago, shocked said:

i don't have chrome, but i suppose it's not too different from Edge.
click the 3 dots and select settings, from there type in the search field background apps and see if it's enabled.

i've noticed that this keeps some instances of Chrome running in the background, perhaps this triggered the notification, due to it checking for camera permissions perhaps.

Capture.thumb.PNG.4261f0decc3f7fea4a4f89fce780475e.PNG

yes , it is enabled . but still i blocked the permission for accessing web cam for chrome about 6 months ago  . that's where i am curious ... and also , eset didn't found any malicious activity on my device . 

• Most Valued Members

go to advanced settings > device control > webcam protection and check the rules to see if you have enabled the notify option in some of them.
that way Eset will notify you no matter if it's allowed or blocked.

Capture.PNG.1adec25acd260d7020b38e85017fac6c.PNG

Guest Phil

Same problem here since the last ESET program update. It’s driving me crazy each time I open chrome. Hopefully there’ll be an update or patch shortly. Thanks.

Guest David Henry

i forgot to mention another thing . before the recent update when i opened zoom , it didn't show any permission related pop up until i clicked or run the camera in zoom.

but now when i open zoom, it pops up for a notification for camera access but on the other hand ,  i didn't run the cam in zoom or turn on the cam in zoom

thanks  . 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

We're waiting for some customers to confirm that a fix resolved the issue for them before it's included in the source files for compilation.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
4 minutes ago, Guest ESETuser said:

The problem keeps happening.

Please open a support ticket with your local ESET distributor.