Ignore junction points?

Jito463
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

So, as the guy everyone knows who knows computers, I'm often asked to help with their computers.  One of things I like to do is remove their drive and scan for infections, but unless I uncheck the "Documents and Settings" junction point on the root, along with the "All Users" and "Default User" ones under Users, it ends up scanning my drive, too.  Is there a way to tell NOD32 to ignore those junction points during a scan, or do I just have to deal with it?  I've already gone through all the settings and can't find any that are relevant.  It's not a massive issue, just mildly annoying.

• Administrators
  • Solution

Unfortunately this is not possible. Since results of scans are cached, scanning a folder for the second time should be relatively quick and should not affect the total scan time a lot.

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

Unfortunately this is not possible. Since results of scans are cached, scanning a folder for the second time should be relatively quick and should not affect the total scan time a lot.

Well, that's unfortunate.  I'd suggest adding that as a feature, since there are many cases I could think of where it would be useful.  Thanks anyway.