Messy and unreliable SecureBrowser feature

Hello, 

We got to troubles with very slow  Internet banking pages of "Komercni Banka". So I found option for adding  web site to list of controlled pages with option where to show page - In common or in secured browser.

But this does not work! Probably of precedence of hardcoded banks list? 

I don't understand why this function (several years implemented on home grade variants of ESET AV)  is crippled this way in business variants. On home product there are three option use/ask/don't use. Here is "ask" option omitted and custom list is overloaded by hardcoded list of banks...

So there is only option to  switch off secure browsing at all until EST/KB solves problems...

• Administrators

Could you please post a screen shot of what you are seeing? I for one don't see any issue on my machine:

image.png

On 5/6/2021 at 11:23 AM, zhladik said:

We got to troubles with very slow  Internet banking pages of "Komercni Banka". So I found option for adding  web site to list of controlled pages with option where to show page - In common or in secured browser.

But this does not work! Probably of precedence of hardcoded banks list? 

I believe what the OP is stating is that the set preferences as to open in the Secured browser mode don't work. If he sets a bank web site to "Normal browser," it still opens in "Secured browser" mode. The inference is that Eset's default list of web site's that open in secured browser mode is overriding the manually set "Normal browser" mode.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

I've added the IB site to the list of protected websites, set it to open in a normal browser and it worked:

image.png

I'd also add that using a secured browser cannot affect the speed which must be same in normal and secured browser. If there's really an issue, it should be investigated by raising a support ticket.