Time Machine path is being ignored by real time scanner settings

I have the path for the back up in the exclusions list for a long time now and ESET realtime scanner is still scanning them (local exclusions are working), the drive I am backing up to is not local to the machine but on the network (never have had scanning of network media enabled in Real-Time protection settings), the ESET scanning them is adding 4+ hours to Time Machine back ups.

1 hour ago, Marcos said:

Please exclude:

/Volumes/.timemachine/*.*

I have had that for a few years, and still no go, the back up drive is not local to the machine or plugged into it, it is on the local network (yes Network Media is not checked in Real Time Scanner yet ESET is scanning every file as it is placed in the Network drive).

I also have the local snapshot path excluded and the Time Machine app and the process that does the backup, and the path to the network drive where the backups are being placed.  Local to the Mac drive paths work fine, but network locations are still being scanned.