Is it safe to install CamScanner Mod APK for Android?

I am looking to download CamScanner Mod APK to unlock Premium features however I have read a news article from xda-developers forum "CamScanner app caught injecting malware on Android devices" Who knows more about what this one? Is that authentic?

• Most Valued Members
8 hours ago, Clark Watson said:

I am looking to download CamScanner Mod APK to unlock Premium features however I have read a news article from xda-developers forum "CamScanner app caught injecting malware on Android devices" Who knows more about what this one? Is that authentic?

I've not heard of it myself but Googling CamScanner malware points to a few articles including one from Kaspersky who found malware a bit back. Even if that is fixed now the fact that malware was found is alarming.

Also from what you said the mod seems to unlock the Pro stuff you'd normally have to pay for so I gather this would be what on Windows is known as a cracked version. As stuff will be changed there's know knowing what has been added, backdoors etc. So using either the normal or the modded version in my opinion is risky

• Most Valued Members
14 hours ago, Clark Watson said:

Earlier before ESET detected it , I've posted about it when it happened

I don't trust the application anymore , even if they have removed the malware part.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a modified version from the official CamScanner, as far as I know, most mod apk versions contain certain risks, more importantly CamScanner used to contain malware and it has been removed from Google Play 2 years ago

On 3/15/2021 at 11:29 AM, Rachael Thornton said:

It is a modified version from the official CamScanner, as far as I know, most mod apk versions contain certain risks, more importantly camscanner pro mod apk used to contain malware and it has been removed from Google Play 2 years ago

You might consider using it as it basically solves the malware issue and is back on the Google Play store.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Rachael Thornton said:

You might consider using it as it basically solves the malware issue and is back on the Google Play store.

Only issue is if it was hosting malware once it could again. I don't know much about the app but if it was intentionally knowingly hosting the malware then I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as those behind it aren't reputable