mail ssl certificate expired

Chanklish

hello awesome people 

i have eset business and it was going ok , then i started to get certificate error from my pop emails and outlook 

the certificate has expired .. looking inside the admin page , everything expires in 2030 ! I believe i am checking the wrong certificate though 

how to check to renew ?

cert1.png

• Administrators

Please carry on as follows:
- enable advanced protocol filtering logging in the adv. setup -> tools -> diagnostics
- reproduce the issue
- disable logging
- collect logs with ESET Log Collector and upload the generated archive here.

We'll check the validity of Google's certificate and report it to them, if invalid.

When testing, I received a valid certificate:

image.png

Marcos the date of the certificate is controlled by the CA non ? the entity who issues the certification and I dont see any Eset ssl filter in your certificate

• Administrators

My understanding is that you have Sophos in the network which filters SSL communication to perform inspection. The cert. issued by Sophos already expired. The certificate we use to sign filtered communication uses the same validity period as that set for the certificate used in the original communication:

image.png

That said, the question is why Sophos encrypts the communication with an expired certificate given that Google provides as valid one as shown in my previous post.