Windows update task not working

DannyR

I'm using Eset protect cloud and the dashboard is showing me windows computers that have windows updates available. I used to be able to create a task to update windows on those computers but recently the task says it finished successfully but the windows updates are not installing on the PC's. I setup the task with custom settings so it does not reboot the PC automatically and in the past it would run and then show me that those computers now required a reboot but this has not been working as it used to before. 

I go to the PC and open up updates in settings and it still shows updates are pending download or install. Any idea why the windows update task isn't working now?

7 hours ago, DannyR said:

I go to the PC and open up updates in settings and it still shows updates are pending download or install.

This happened to me on my Win 10 PC when manually updating last Tues..

Normally, updates would start immediately after downloads completed. This didn't happened and I was presented with an "Install" window /button that I had to manually mouse click on for update installation to proceed.

Appears to me Microsoft changed Win Update processing ............. again.

Edited by itman