Updating ESMC

Why is updating ESMC such a pain. Backup 2 lots of certificates, backup the database, then run the update. Since moving to the web based interface this process is potentially far more problematic, otherwise why would the update process state that you need to do these functions before the update.

If an update has been done previously do the certificates have to be backed up again prior to the next update. I presume the database will need to be updated as I guess that can change, but why can't this SQL dump function function be part of the update process.

Edited by MrWrighty

• Administrators

You can just send an ESET PROTECT component upgrade task right away but without backing up certificates at least you risk that you will have to re-deploy agent on clients if something goes wrong and ESET PROTECT will have to be installed from scratch.

Sorry confused, I'm referring to the update of ESMC web portal for client management. Its that process thats not an improvement over the previous desktop app and why it is necessary to backup the certificates and the database before ESMC is updated, most update routines for other packages will automatically backup critical data before applying updates, so removing that risk for the end user.

Edited by MrWrighty

I have just followed this regarding updating the ESMC server and web console.

https://help.eset.com/esmc_install/70/en-US/component_installation_webconsole_windows.html

I previously had Tomcat7 installed as a 64bit App, after having downloaded Tomcat10 (Latest version as suggested in the above article) it has installed the 32bit version of Tomcat 10 alongside the 64bit version of Tomcat7. 

How do I get the 64bit Tomcat to install and run the ERA console