Where to download Mail Security for Linux

• Administrators

Download links have been removed since it's a product that is not sold any more and will reach EOL in Dec this year (https://support.eset.com/en/kb3592). If you have a license but didn't keep the installer please contact your local ESET distributor.

• 4 weeks later...

Which product will replace ESETS for Linux ? I got 6 Licenses all of them bound in MTA (Exim). And I was searching today the download URL to setup / install it on a new fresh system and couldn't find it.

Never liked "cloud" solutions. 

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Christos Panagiotakis said:

Which product will replace ESETS for Linux ? I got 6 Licenses all of them bound in MTA (Exim). And I was searching today the download URL to setup / install it on a new fresh system and couldn't find it.

You have a license for ESET Mail Security for Microsoft Exchange Server, not for the Linux version. EMS for Linux is a legacy product which is no longer sold and limited support is provided until the end of 2021.

• Administrators

You have a license for MS Exchange server (3AJ-3BE-6GB), not for EMS for Linux.

EMSL is a legacy product in limited support which will reach EOL by the end of this year.

If you have another license for EMSL, please provide your public license ID.

• Administrators
3 hours ago, SalihGiray said:

Will there be an alternative product instead of EMSL for on-premise ? 

There are no such plans yet. We'll continue to develop and support products for MS Exchange and Lotus Domino mail servers for Windows.

You can contact your local ESET distributor for the legacy EMSL installer. Alos we plan to provide extended update  support for products that have reached EOL.

I don't know why you insist about the license. The main question is what's is going to happen when you terminate the product.  

I bought this license because this I was told

"it's a license that covers every ESET Mail Security product, both MS and Linux" :

./esets_lic
/etc/opt/eset/esets/license/esets_3857ce.lic: ESET Mail Security, 2022-05-22 02:59:59, MyIP net-Works O.E.

If that's not true, someone at ESET Hellas messed up. Not my fault. 

Anyway, from what I understand I got ~9 months to find another replacement for Esets.

• ESET Staff

License itself covers any Mail Security product, that ESET currently develops. Meaning, even after the "ESET Mail Security for LInux" is discontinued, you will be able to activate our Mail Security products for Microsoft Exchange, and IBM Domino. There are no plans currently, to have a Mail Security product that will be running on Linux. 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, Christos Panagiotakis said:

I don't know why you insist about the license. The main question is what's is going to happen when you terminate the product. 

I apologize for the confusion. In the system the license was issued for EMSX, didn't know that it internally allows to use any mail security product. Thanks MichalJ for correcting me.

• 1 year later...
  • ESET Moderators

Hello @SalihGiray and @Christos Panagiotakis

I would recommend you to take part in https://forum.eset.com/topic/32193-eset-mail-security-for-linuxbsdsolaris-customer-research/ as the team responsible is looking forward to hear opinions of customers so you may directly influence the decision making...

Peter on behalf of the teams responsible