Firewall keeps blocking scan to folder through network printer

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

For some reason when I pause Eset firewall my printer can scan to a shared scan folder on my PC with no issues. But as soon as I unpause it, it keeps coming up with connection error. I have added port 445 to the firewall rules but it still does not work. I have tried added ip of the printer as allowed zones but still nothing. Is there something I am missing? Maybe I am suppose to add something else. Any help appreciated.

• Most Valued Members

From Setup > Network > Troubleshooting Wizard

After clicking the Wizard , do you see any blocked attempts logged in there ?

The troubleshooting wizard silently monitors all blocked connections, and will guide you through the troubleshooting process to correct firewall issues with specific applications or devices. Next, the wizard will suggest a new set of rules to be applied if you approve them. Troubleshooting wizard can be found in the main menu under Setup > Network.

Edited by Nightowl

• Administrators
  • Solution

In automatic mode any non-initiated inbound communication is blocked and any outbound allowed. Please make sure the printer is in the trusted zone. You can also use the fw troubleshooting wizard to unblock a desired recently blocked communication.

Thank you for quick reply. I will try and get back to you ASAP, as the system I am working on is my brothers at his house. Won’t be back there for a day or two. 

Yes, added ip of printer to trusted zones did work. I actually added the wrong number by accident except of .120 I did .20. Anyway thanks for your suggestion to recheck trusted ip.

ps. As saying goes measure twice cut once.