Banking & Payment Protection no longer working in Edge

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

As per title. BPP used to work in Edge but it no longer re-directs if you start Edge and go to one of the protected sites.

I have tried this on 2 different computers, both are similar in that it wont work in Edge but it does work in other browsers.

One PC is Windows 10 pro 1909, the other 20H2. These 2 computers are at different locations with different Router/ISPs.

Both are running Eset Internet Security 14.0.22.0 with BPP version 1209

I have cleared Edge cache and re-installed Eset but the problem remains.

If i open BPP using the desktop icon then i can access protected sites OK.

Has a recent update (Windows or Eset) caused an issue?

thanks

• Administrators
  • Solution

Unfortunately quite big changes were made to Edge 88. As per https://support.eset.com/en/kb7797:

Issue

• Websites defined in Banking and payment protection protected websites list, and internal internet banking list are not redirected to the secured browser automatically when using Microsoft EDGE 88+

Details

Microsoft EDGE 88+ is temporarily not supported by ESET Banking and payment protection redirector. We are currently working on Banking and payment protection redirector support for Microsoft EDGE 88+.

Solution

To access websites in the secured browser using Microsoft EDGE 88+, open the installed ESET Banking & Payment protection BPP_secured_browser_icon.png application from your Desktop or directly from the ESET product.