Populating Dynamic Groups

EliasThienpont

I found all of my computers under (All) computers. But I cannot move them to Dynamic Groups. What needs to be done. Do the separate computers need to have an Agent of some sort. Where is that agent? How do I put it on my machines, or do I have to go to each one one at a time to install this?

• Administrators

First of all you need to deploy the ESET Management agent on clients. For more information about the deployment please read https://support.eset.com/en/kb6735.

Once the agent has been deployed, it will start reporting to the ESMC server. It will get a list of dynamic groups that you have created, evaluate the membership in DG and report client's membership back to the ESMC server.

I have downloaded and tried to run this several times, but I can see nothing happening. It is far too complicated.

I JUST WANT TO PUSH A BUTTON AND HAVE IT HAPPEN!

It keeps asking for things of which I have no clue, or have run before.

I just want it to work.

I have been using ESET for more than 20 years... It used to be easier!

• Administrators

Let's start with one client. Download an agent installer from ESET's website and run it.

Enter the address of the ESMC server, keep server-assisted installation selected and click Next:

image.png

In the next step enter credential for access the ESMC console and proceed by clicking Next.

image.png

After installation the client should start reporting to the ESMC server. If that works, you can generate an agent live installer in ESMC and deploy it on clients by following the KB listed above.