ESET Beta 8?

JNCx8

When will ESET begins to make its new version? Competitors have started with their betas Any 1 month ESET still nothing? When this planned new antivirus ESET for the testing phase? I'm anxious, but I think the ESET should take the time competitors in the beta stages, the eset is almost always the last to get the beta phase of the new antivirus .. Any news? When you get super anxious to see the new

Hello,

ESET has surely worked on V8 for quite some time already so they probably work on it as we speak. 

I guess you mean when it's going to be released. Well, when it's ready as usual I assume, and information when it's available will be posted here on the forum. IMO it's best to never give any ETA on releases since if they need to change it then people will ony get disappointed. "you said you would release it  :( ..." 

And ESET never rush things out so it's good to be patient. A vendor gains nothing by rushing a release out only the opposite.

Don't worry about the competition they are ahead of time, one vendor released "xxxxx AV 2015 BETA" in Dec 2013 how about that. ;)

Edited by SweX

• Administrators

What's more, some other companies introduce new versions with basically minor facelifts and no significant improvements in terms of protection on a yearly basis. By contrast, ESET issues module updates which improve protection and cleaning capabilities under the hood instead of just changing gui a bit and releasing it as a new version with the next year in its title.

Although this year is mainly aimed at brand new business products, we're also planning to release a new version for consumer segment too. The scope of features as well as download links to a beta version will be announced here as well as via other official channels.

Not so, I wonder if ESET 8 will leave me to wait, because it's so .. My antivirus to expire this license and buy this thinking ESET, now I will not buy ESET to 7 in a few 2 or 3 months out ESET 8 .. I want to know if it will come out ESET 8 for gear users out if I wait and buy! That's the point, I say give ESET takes too long to start the testing phase .. My license is about to expire, and wanted to buy the eset .. 

Where will leave ESET 8? Any news about that?

Not so, I wonder if ESET 8 will leave me to wait, because it's so .. My antivirus to expire this license and buy this thinking ESET, now I will not buy ESET to 7 in a few 2 or 3 months out ESET 8 .. I want to know if it will come out ESET 8 for gear users out if I wait and buy! That's the point, I say give ESET takes too long to start the testing phase .. My license is about to expire, and wanted to buy the eset .. 
Where will leave ESET 8? Any news about that?

Hello again,

I think I understand what you're asking..

Even if you would buy ESET NOD32 or ESS V7 today you're not left in the dark because you can upgrade for FREE to V8 when it's released using the same license as long as it's valid.

FYI, With a valid license you can use ANY version you want from V3 to the newest V7. 

HTH :)

Edited by SweX

• Most Valued Members

Just wondering, is there any way to be able to receive an email or forum notification when you do make beta products available for testing?

If I remember correctly I think I got an email when the V7 BETA started because I had signed up for the ESET BETA program. I just looked on the website but couldn't find the place where I signed up for it so maybe one can no longer do that.

How about this one: they announce:

ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Service Release 1 has been released (version 7.0.317.5 for SWE and JPN)

hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=NEWS272&ref=AFC-CJ&attr=6154686&pub=10921755&shop=aqf2w09kcbv5

what they meant.. I try to follow that link..Eset still previous version 7.0.317.4

• 2 months later...

Just wondering, is there any way to be able to receive an email or forum notification when you do make beta products available for testing?

FYI https:// eset.centercode .com/login.html

@ESET

Last time I sign up for the beta program several years ago I just gave an email address clicked OK and that was it, so I guess I am still part of the beta program in one way or the other. But this is different obviously, what is the login procedure for exactly? I am already a member here and I rather not create yet another account unless there's something interesting "inside" or some kind of advantage over being an ordinary forum member here?

Thanks  

I already know ;)

Edited by SweX

• Most Valued Members

Thanks SweX, I did notice this recently on the beta page on ESET's Website. Glad to see the program available again now!

Edited by planet

Thanks SweX, I did notice this recently on the beta page on ESET's Website. Glad to see the program available again now!

Oh I see but you're welcome anyway. :)

Yep but it is quite different this time, compared to when I signed up.

Edited by SweX