Force Agent Policy

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi. 

I've modified a Policy wich "hide" license info (Why is this even public)? that Key cost us alot. LoL.

And another Policy to Disable Firewall Off Notifications. 

But I see no way to PUSH a policy or "force" it.

How Can I force a Change in a established policy?

Thanks!

• Administrators

Normally it's enough just to select a particular setting in a policy, ie. with a blue dot. In case the same setting was set by another policy, make sure to select the flash icon to enforce the setting.

As for hiding license information, there is no sensitive information such as your license key displayed in gui. If you want to hide the public license information completely, set the setting via a policy.

As for the order in which policies are applied, please read https://help.eset.com/esmc_admin/72/en-US/admin_pol_how_policies_are_applied.html.

In order to apply a policy as soon as possible, send a wake-up call to desired clients so that they connect immediately and fetch current policies from the server.

2 hours ago, Marcos said:

Normally it's enough just to select a particular setting in a policy, ie. with a blue dot. In case the same setting was set by another policy, make sure to select the flash icon to enforce the setting.

As for hiding license information, there is no sensitive information such as your license key displayed in gui. If you want to hide the public license information completely, set the setting via a policy.

As for the order in which policies are applied, please read https://help.eset.com/esmc_admin/72/en-US/admin_pol_how_policies_are_applied.html.

Hi Again Marcos, thanks for your previous help.

I Understand what you saying but.

I only have 1 "Agent Policy" and it's set to 4 Static AD Groups, and it's forced.

Is there anyway to make a task to re apply the Agent Policy to all those 4 groups?
or how it works?

I want to apply a new agent policiy, but the client keeps saying "Firewall deactivated, needs attention"

Thanks in advice

Sin título.png

firewall_notification.png

Edited by Scytale

Finnaly I had to re-install with the new policy embedded in the AIO Installer

I Still don't know how to send New Policy to PC from ESMC. ESMC send Policy each "X" hours? no way to send right away a policy?

Thanks

eset 2.png

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Scytale said:

I Still don't know how to send New Policy to PC from ESMC. ESMC send Policy each "X" hours? no way to send right away a policy?

Just select the desired client(s) or group on which you want to apply the policy, click the cog wheel and Manage policies:

image.png

Then click "Create and add policy" to create the desired policy.

In the settings section select the desired product and change the desired setting by clicking the blue dot or flash (the former normally applies the setting, latter enforces it so that it overrides the setting set by other policies).

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Just select the desired client(s) or group on which you want to apply the policy, click the cog wheel and Manage policies:

image.png

Then click "Create and add policy" to create the desired policy.

In the settings section select the desired product and change the desired setting by clicking the blue dot or flash (the former normally applies the setting, latter enforces it so that it overrides the setting set by other policies).

It replicates instantly after I add the policy to my all 4 Static Groups? (like 300 Devices)? That's my big doubt my friend.

Edited by Scytale

• Administrators
  • Solution

It will replicate to clients the next time they connect to the ESMC server. You can enforce connection by sending a wake-up call to desired clients.

21 minutes ago, Marcos said:

It will replicate to clients the next time they connect to the ESMC server. You can enforce connection by sending a wake-up call to desired clients.

Loud and clear!

Thank you again.. 
Greetings