log file.

Hello,

I could not understand the meanings of the events in my log file: "Cannot unblock removable media (org.freedesktop.udisk2.filesystem-mount)".  What does it mean?  I did not mount any removable media.  Linux system I am using was installed directly into a partition of my hard drive.  Please see the attached snapshot of my log file.  Thank you very much.

Events_Report.png

• Most Valued Members

AppArmor prevents ESET from entering protected areas that are supposed to be accessible only by specific processes

ESET didn't configure v4 to work with AppArmor , it's better that you re-configure the logs options to remove faster because it will keep generating logs , because that error will be generated every a bit , also with the cannot read from socket

I believe it's safer to keep V4 blocked from accessing sensitive areas as that's is more safe that to let it access because v4 isn't being updated like it's Windows / Mac brothers.

Edited by Nightowl

Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about.  I am not using AppArmor, so it's not my fault since I do not know where does it come from either.

• Most Valued Members
On 9/18/2020 at 9:30 PM, LTL said:

Sorry, I don't know what you are talking about.  I am not using AppArmor, so it's not my fault since I do not know where does it come from either.

Most Linux distributions uses AppArmor or SELinux.

AppArmor is a Linux kernel security module that allows the system administrator to restrict programs' capabilities with per-program profiles. Profiles can allow capabilities like network access, raw socket access, and the permission to read, write, or execute files on matching paths.

Security-Enhanced Linux is a Linux kernel security module that provides a mechanism for supporting access control security policies, including mandatory access controls. SELinux is a set of kernel modifications and user-space tools that have been added to various Linux distributions.

Edited by Nightowl