How long does it usually take for a reply to a support ticket?

blankslate

Hi.

I am (we are) using the paid version of SmartSecurity 7. My wife's computer seems to be infested and I submitted a support request back on the 16th (Fri, 16 May 2014 16:05:06 +0700). It was apparently routed to the Vietnam support group (I am a westerner living in Hanoi.) They responded very quickly that first day (thank you very much!) but I haven't heard back from them since Fri, 16 May 2014 23:16:41 +0700.

I have gone through the preliminary troubleshooting procedures and have submitted all the files and logs that they requested with the exception of virus/malware samples that they seem to believe I have. I don't have any of those since ESET has been unable to find what is causing the problem.

I wrote them again on Sat, 17 May 2014 13:20:58 +0700, and again Tue, 20 May 2014 08:25:41 +0700 but there has been no response.

I imagine it takes a while go through the logs and I am worried that there may be a language/comprehension problem since I can't read or write Vietnamese worth a darn, but I am wondering if you folks have a sense of how long this process should take? We use our computers for a living and this is putting a bit of a kink in our workflow. :unsure:

I appreciate your insight!

Thanks.

• ESET Moderators

Hello Blankslate,

it may vary depending on current support load in that country.

I would recommend you to call them just to check state of your opened support ticket.