Support?

chrisg

Is it normal to hold for over 30 minutes and then be disconnected? I need technical support in regards to ESET not permitting my self created PowerPoints to open. I also need to know if ESET offers anti malware like MalwareBytes. It wold be nice if there was a live chat or a human that would answer the phone. I noticed the support rating for ESET was a 2 star, is this correct? I will need to find another company to work with if this is normal for ESET. Help...

Thanks.

Chrisg

• Administrators

ESET LLC doesn't provide a phone support for home users but they offer a live chat. Anyways, the issue you have described will require a support ticket to be created for further investigation and troubleshooting; it doesn't sound like anything that could solved over chat or phone call.

Regarding a comparison with MBAM, ESET detects all types of threats; from phishing through scam, adware, potentially unwanted and unsafe applications, suspicious applications to malware (worms, viruses, trojans which include also ransomware, backdoors, etc.). We just don't detect benign files, e.g. binary data files that might come with malware but can't be run and do not contain any recognizable data.

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

I also need to know if ESET offers anti malware like MalwareBytes.

The term "anti-malware" is a misnomer these days. Eset protects against all types of known malware including but not exclusively Trojans, viruses, worms, etc..

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

As I understand it, if you call in for technical support as a home user to ESET's North American office, you will be offered either fee-based phone support, or redirected to the free online chat support service.  Note that this applies only to U.S. (and possibly Canadian) callers; offices in other countries continue to provide free basic phone support to home users.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

12 hours ago, Aryeh Goretsky said:

you will be offered either fee-based phone support, or redirected to the free online chat support service. 

Is this related to current COVID-19 situation in California?