Management Agent Failed Upgrade

Hello.  I have a server that is running ESET File Security 7.1.2010.0 and ESET Management Agent 7.1.717.0.  I've upgrade ESMC to 7.2.1266.0 so I'm trying to upgrade the agent on the server to 7.2.1266.0.  However, when I run a Security Management Center Components Upgrade task, it never finishes.  Other systems finish within a few minutes.  If I download agent_x64.msi from ESET's website and try to do the install, it fails too.  See attached log.  I believe it has something to do with trying to stop/upgrade the management service.  The log file also lists that it's unable to stop the HIPS service, but HIPS is disabled on this server.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

output.log

• Administrators

Does the issue persist after temporarily disabling HIPS or Self-defense in Endpoint and rebooting the machine?

HIPS is permanently disabled and always has been disabled on the server.  Unfortunately, I have to wait until after hours to reboot it.  I was hoping there was a way to do the upgrade without rebooting.  I haven't had to reboot other devices when upgrading the agent.  

Capture.JPG

I was finally able to reboot the server with this upgrade problem, but that didn't fix the issue.  I tried to uninstall the agent, but it failed with the same "unable to stop service" error.  HIPS is disabled on this server, so I created a new policy with HIPS enabled (so I wouldn't affect other servers) and applied it to the server with the error.  Once HIPS was enabled, I rebooted and then tried running the agent_x64.msi file again.  This time, the upgrade succeeded with no errors.  I'm not sure why HIPS had to be enabled, but it seems to have fixed my issue.