ERA Remote Server

Dear Tea,

I have Installed ERA Remote server on windows server 2016 std version and Joined to domain, later i am adding computers using name or IP address it is adding but in the status 

i saw a gray circle. i also created a agent deployment package and installed in workstation it installed uisng era remote server on port 2222. when i am missing  please help so that we can proceed to licences.

wks.png

• Administrators

Is there any reason why you haven't upgraded to ESMC 7.2 yet?

ERA v6 has already reached end of life and its latest version 6.5 is in limited support phase with EOL to reach by the end of this year.

image.png

where can i find the latest version and details to configure please help so that i can un-install and re-install the new one

• Administrators

Please read https://support.eset.com/en/kb6819-upgrade-eset-remote-administrator-63-and-later-to-eset-security-management-center-version-7-using-the-web-console if you want to keep the existing database with data.

If you want to install ESMC 7.2 from scratch and re-deploy agent on clients, you can download the installers (All-in-one, standalone or virtual appliance) from https://www.eset.com/us/business/security-management-center/download/.

Dear Marco,

I have successfully installed the ESMC and my server status is in Green, Please help me in configuring other steps like, creating policy, tasks and etc and also adding computers will be appreciated..

• Most Valued Members

Creating a policy is the same as configuring your endpoint locally on your computer , you just set up the settings that you want for your endpoints and can be possible to password them and deny changes and force the policy on the specified devices , and then you can apply that policy and set it for specific groups or specific computers.

Adding computers , you can do that by sending a task to the computer , it will be able to do that using your AD permissions , if not then you need to do it locally somehow (like a USB device)

And then the computers and groups it's all about how you want to manage your computers , each in what group.

Dear Marco,

Great i have successfully create the task and workstations are showing status in Green Tick.. and all other details.

one more thing i need a document to understand more features 

Thanks a lot for your support we did it

• Administrators

This could be a good start point to learn more about ESMC:

https://help.eset.com/esmc_admin/72/en-US/index.html

If you have any questions or if something is unclear, feel free to ask. I would like to take this opportunity to inform you about ESET Dynamic Threat Defense which is available as an additional service to your existing ESET products and substantially improves protection against zero day malware by submitting files potentially carrying malware to an EST cloud sandbox where the files are run and also evaluated by machine learning. All machines in your organization are then informed about the result which you can also see in the ESMC console. It's also possible to block access to email attachments on mail servers and files downloaded on clients until a result from EDTD is received.

image.png

• Administrators

You can apply an agent policy that will make the agent report also non-ESET applications that are installed:

image.png

do i have to create a client TASK?? also i am getting the following alert, when i click on outdate i click to update product but i see only one product ..how the client get updated..

thanks for your swift support all the time

regards

Rabbani

esetoutdated.png

• Administrators

1, Upgrade Endpoint to 7.3.2036 using a software install task.
2, To report other non-ESET applications, create an agent policy with the above setting enabled and assign it to machines in your LAN.

When upgrading machines, we recommend to do it gradually. Start with one machine, especially if you employ an http proxy so that it caches the installer and all other machines will then get it from the proxy cache.

Thanks marco for your timely help, now ERA can collect the Applications installed in clients system..👍👍👍👍