Login failed: Connection has failed with state ''Not connected'' after upgrade ERA server from 6.5 to 7.2

After updating my ERA server i cannot to log in. I can log in only direct to ERA console. I see ERA server is now 7.2 version, but Agent version is 6.5. 

The update was performed by updating the components task. 

I use virtual appliance on hyper-V.

I check eraserver service and status is failed and cannot be started.

Please advise or proceed.

Login Failed.JPG

ERA server.JPG

Services.JPG

odb.JPG

• ESET Staff

Could you please check or provide output of ESMC trace log located in:

/var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Server/trace.log

It will most probably contain startup error that prevents ESMC to start.

Also I would recommend to check also AGENT's trace log for possible upgrade errors. AGENT is supposed to upgrade itself when component upgrade task is executed, but it most probably fails.

• ESET Staff

Checked logs, and it is not clear why AGENT upgrade fail, but upgrade from 6.5 to 7.2 was attempted. Maybe there is installation log in /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/EraAgentInstaller.log ?

Regarding ESMC startup issues, there is a problem with database consistency, more specifically:

[MySQL][ODBC 5.3(w) Driver][mysqld-5.6.35]PROCEDURE era_db.usp_stored_installers_load_all_valid does not exist (1305)

which might indicate more than just this one object is missing. I checked also upgrade progress and it seems that upgrade process was interrupted after 7 minutes into upgrade - any chance machine was restarted? There is a 90 second gap in log which might indicate reboot of the machine. This is probably reason for corrupted database.

In this case I would recommend to open support ticket. Also it is possible that migration of VA (see documentation) might help in this case and it might be a good idea as it will upgrade also underlaying operating system.

Yes, i probably did a restart too soon and without thinking.
The hand was faster than the thought.
It will probably be faster for me to create a new installation.
Thank you for your help.
Edited by zeryk