Eset 13.1.21.0 exceptions

Giovanni

Good morning
eset 13.1.21.0 does not respect the exclusions set
I set the exclusion of some network paths but they are still scanned in real time, creating significant slowdowns in the execution of the application that is called
If I completely exclude all network locations, real-time scanning is not performed
The problem occurs only with version 13.1.21.0, on a windows 7 pc with version 11.2.49.0 the problem does not occur

• Administrators

Do you mean that if you put the eicar test file to an excluded network folder and then access it, it will be detected by ESET?

Scanning of network drives is not recommended; instead we recommend installing ESET on each machine to have it fully protected.

good morning marcos
thanks for the prompt reply, the application used resides on a server and is accessible via network path. With the real-time scan active, despite the exclusion of the network path, the application becomes very slow. If you completely disable the real-time scan or disable the scan on the network paths, the application will work correctly again
I have not tried the test with the eicar file but also the visualization of the files checked in real time confirms to me that the exclusion of network paths is not considered
I also confirm that the problem did not arise with previous versions of the antivirus

hello Marcos
sorry,   now in the attached file there is the configuration with the exclusions, I also attach a screeshot where it is noted how the real-time scan continues to analyze the excluded network path
Thanks

doc1.pdf eav_logs.zip

• Administrators

The screen shot in the pdf file is immaterial. You have "\\server\sistemi\profis3" in the detection exclusions which means files in this folder are scanned but no threat is reported even if there is some.

Instead of detection exclusions use performance exclusions; exclude "\\server\sistemi\profis3\*". To test if the exclusion works, put the eicar test file to the excluded folder and access it. It should not be detected if the exclusion works.