Willodene

Security for banking & payments in endpoint

Posted (edited)

I understand that there is no Banking & Security browser in endpoint security, but would like to know why my machine behaves differently to several of my clients.

If I enter a banking site a padlock appears in the address bar, and when you hover over the lock it shows "Verified by ESET, sprol, s.r.o.".  My client systems do not show this message, but we have the same browsers (Firefox & Edge) and the same version of Endpoint Security (7.2.2055.0).  Their browsers allow you to click on the padlock and show a certificate issued by the bank, but no mention of ESET.

I originally had ESET Internet Security which had the secure banking browser, but updated to Endpoint when I replaced my machine.

Are my clients getting full security when they do their banking?  Am I?

Are we better using ESET Internet Security?

Edited by Willodene
extra info

Do you have SSL filtering enabled? It's disabled by default in business products. If you have it enabled then there's an option to exclude communication with trusted domains from filtering which is enabled by default. Trusted domains also include bank domains that use an EV certificate.

In business environment we do not recommend using consumer products. They don't support remote management and typically receive module updates earlier than business products.

SSL setting is disabled as per default on my system and on client systems.

If you see "Verified by ESET, sprol, s.r.o." when clicking the lock icon then SSL filtering is enabled.

5 hours ago, Willodene said:

I originally had ESET Internet Security which had the secure banking browser, but updated to Endpoint when I replaced my machine.

Did you have Eset Internet Security installed on the new PC prior to changing to Eset Endpoint Security? If so, did you uninstall Eset Internet Security, reboot the PC, then install Eset Endpoint Security?

Or, did you install Eset Endpoint Security "on top off" the existing Eset Internet Security installation?