After enabling virtual Machine feature, the PC BSOD every start

oto313

I updated to Windows 2004 May update And tried to enable virtual Machine feature, my PC crashes with eamonm.sys problem. I even tried to disable that feature in Safe mode. But it does not help. What other thing can i do? Thanks

• Administrators

If a kernel or complete memory dump was generated, please compress it, upload it to a safe location and drop me a message with a download link. Otherwise configure Windows to generate complete or active memory dumps as per https://support.eset.com/en/kb380-how-do-i-generate-a-memory-dump-manually and reproduce the crash to get a dump for perusal.

• Administrators

It appears that you have posted in a wrong forum since you have ESET Endpoint v7.2 according to the dump. If so, please uninstall it and download and install the latest version 7.3 which is downloadable from https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/business/eea/windows/latest/eea_nt64.msi. In case you have a license for Endpoint Security, the latest version can be downloaded from https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/business/ees/windows/latest/ees_nt64.msi.

Sorry . Should I post this question again in "ESET Endpoint Products " forum? The PC cannot normally boot. In safe mode I cannot install new ESET.

Edited by oto313

Ok I successfully uninstall it, but it is company notebook so I dont have license key and I cannot activate it.

16 minutes ago, oto313 said:

Ok I successfully uninstall it, but it is company notebook so I dont have license key and I cannot activate it.

You will have to obviously have to contact your company's IT security admin for the license key. Doubtful he will provide you this. He will have to remote access the device and activate the license.

FYI - the admin might not be "very enthralled" with your Eset upgrade installation. He should be interested on how you were manually able to uninstall Eset.

Edited by itman

• Administrators

I'm gonna provide you with 1-month trial license for ESET Endpoint Antivirus so that you are protected until your admin activates Endpoint with your company's license.

19 minutes ago, itman said:

You will have to obviously have to contact your company's IT security admin for the license key. Doubtful he will provide you this. He will have to remote access the device and activate the license.

FYI - the admin might not be "very enthralled" with your Eset upgrade installation. He should be interested on how you were manually able to uninstall Eset.

Yeah. I was sure it wont uninstall. But I tried it anyway and it works. I will tell our IT department.

Rename C:\Windows\System32\drivers\eamonm.sys in safe mode (I also renamed C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Security\Drivers\eamonm\eamonm.sys) in safe mode, start in normal mode, revert changes, upgrade as per guide.

Works fine