Remote Install Eset Not Working

Hi!

I'm trying to install Eset via the ESMC but I keep getting the error "please try to install software manually". Upon checking, the client already has an existing Eset but older version. 5.xx to be exact. Is there anyway to install the newer version without installing the old version? If I have to uninstall it manually, i'd have to go to the computers physically and boot in safe mode and uninstall.

• ESET Staff

In general, if the machines are running EP V5, I would recommend the following approach: 

1. install just the management agent (either via GPO, or agent live installers / all in one installer with just agent, pushed by remote deployment tool).
  2. Uninstall the Endpoint V5 via software uninstall task + reboot the machine
  3. Install Endpoint Security V7+

HI @Marcos Im installing both. Installing agent had no issues. Its with the Antivirus is having problem

@MichalJ 

1. install just the management agent (either via GPO, or agent live installers / all in one installer with just agent, pushed by remote deployment tool). - done installing no problem here
  2. Uninstall the Endpoint V5 via software uninstall task + reboot the machine - software uninstall task is not working saying uninstall manually and I did uninstall manually only to find out that there was a "malware" and suggested to run the cleaner which I did but still no positive result. 

Hi,

This was just one PC since i was in the testing phase. PC is a Windows 7 32-bit OS. Will try the uninstall tool in safe mode but i think this needs to be fixed? 

• Administrators

If the original msi file from the Windows\installer folder was removed, there's no way to fix it except copying the same msi to that location. That said, it's necessary to use the uninstall tool as far as old versions are concerned. New versions create a backup of the msi installer in the install folder as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sir Marcos,

Problem is still recurring on the same OS's. Windows 7 32-bit. I can uninstall the existing Eset AV but on reinstalling the Eset Package from Console (Eset for 32 bit) it does not continue further. It was saying that there was a malware detected and needs to run a specialized cleaner but after running, and reinstalling again no progress.

Please advise on how to resolve this. Installing Eset  on Windows 7 32-bit seems to be having problems and can you test also on your end if you can replicate the issue. 

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

On 1 pc it is already installed with SP1. I tried to download the updates and after that it work perfectly fine buy manually installing the software. Thanks for this!

Hi Sir @Marcos, now that we know the root cause of the issue. How do i implement this via remote install? I'm pretty sure that majority of our workstations are in Win 7. 

• Administrators

Deploying operating system updates in a network is out of scope of ESET support. Use a WSUS server to deploy updates in a domain.