ESET Home products and av-test.org

• Administrators

Both products are more-less same in terms of protection features. On the othet hand taking part in tests is quite costly so AV makers have to make decisions about spending the money effectively which is one of the reasons for that.

3 hours ago, mallard65 said:

Hello.

Why is ESET's excellent Internet Security not tested at av-test.org?

ESET's Endpoint Security is tested by av-test.org.

I find AV-TEST to be heavily biased and their tests make no sense to me. If you sort their results by performance category for example, you will find that 50% of the AVs get a 6/6 score! That is in no way the case as I've tested them all in real life! Kaspersky for example taking 6/6 for performance is a big lie! It is heavy and so is Trend Micro. IMHO they are being paid to publish not very honest results.

I only trust AV-Comparatives. See how great ESET does in terms of performance, they are number 1: https://www.av-comparatives.org/comparison/?usertype=consumer&chart_chart=chart4&chart_year=2019&chart_month=10&chart_sort=1&chart_zoom=0

10 minutes ago, Super_Spartan said:

Kaspersky for example taking 6/6 for performance is a big lie! It is heavy and so is Trend Micro.

Kaspersky used to heavy but it's not anymore. They made some improvements few months ago and now it's even better. Trend Micro is definitely heavy like you said and even AV-Test's result show that it is heavier than the average.