Eset Firewall & Heroes Of Newerth (game)

Go to solution Solved by SweX,

Hello there,

I got a issue with the game Heroes Of Newerth (HoN) and the ESET firewall.

I use the interactive mode but HoN is not detected by it so the login process of the game fails.

I tried the following:

1. I deactived the ESET firewall to be sure it is the issue. It is, the login works after that.

2. I added the HoN.exe to the firewall rules and allowed all traffic. It didn't worked, login failed.

3. So I tried to add the HoN ports for chat, gaming etc. as extra allowed ports. It didn't work, login failed.

4. I switched to the automatic mode of the ESET Firewall. It worked, but no extra rules were created by it to help me. I also need to switch over everytime I want to play this game.

Does somebody got the same issue and found a solution that works with the interactive mode of the ESET firewall?

Edited by ryul

You can try adding the game as a trusted application/ rule under Configure rules and zones there. If this doesn't work, try uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it when ESS is disabled. After that add the whole folder to the exclusion list and enable ESS once again.

Edited by Weng

You can try adding the game as a trusted application/ rule under Configure rules and zones there.

I did like I described in 2.

post-2557-0-30436200-1397671810_thumb.jpg

You can try adding the game as a trusted application/ rule under Configure rules and zones there.

I did like I described in 2.

Then try reinstalling the game when the ESs is disabled. Add the whole folder to the exclusion it and then enable ESS once its done. Another thing is add all the .exe file as trusted application (both sides). I have an application which have the same issue, this method works for me but not 100% guarantee.

• Solution

Hello there,

4. I switched to the automatic mode of the ESET Firewall. It worked, but no extra rules were created by it to help me. I also need to switch over everytime I want to play this game.

Does somebody got the same issue and found a solution that works with the interactive mode of the ESET firewall?

Hello,

Have you tried to use the firewall in Learning Mode as well for a while? In that mode rules will be created automatically when needed. And after switch back to the mode you would like to use.

Edited by SweX

Hi Ryul,

I recommend deleting your current rules on the game, whatever you have, and then re-try learning mode as Swex suggested, as some turn faulty or if the application is modified in some way, the old rules no longer work and new ones have to be created. (Deleting of old, must occur).

Hello there,

Hello,

Have you tried to use the firewall in Learning Mode as well for a while? In that mode rules will be created automatically when needed. And after switch back to the mode you would like to use.

Thanks, that did it!

I ignored the learning mode for some time, don't know why.

The mode add the right rules for HoNm however the rule doesn't look any "better" than these I created.

But it works now, that's the goal!

Hello there,

Hello,

Thanks, that did it!

I ignored the learning mode for some time, don't know why.

The mode add the right rules for HoNm however the rule doesn't look any "better" than these I created.

But it works now, that's the goal!

Very nice. Glad you got it sorted, and thanks for letting us know that it worked. :)