Keep getting Pop Up

Peanut

• Administrators

Please check your Filtered websites log for information about the application that accessed the website. Even if the link was legitimate, the website in question is infected with JS/Agent.OGJ trojan.

• Most Valued Members

Their website looks old , but looks like legitimate software , but I didn't test.

but it looks like that this link the application was trying to connect to , as it's not available in their website somewhere.

If you don't use it normally , I suggest removal, if you do use it , then I think you should contact their support if they have one.

I think this may be the same request as I posted a couple of weeks back: excessive pop-ups regading the same addresses.

Whatever you may say, it WOULD be most useful fo the end-user to be able to limit repetitive notifications for a specific, or base address.

Edited by Hpoonis

• Most Valued Members
17 minutes ago, Hpoonis said:

I think this may be the same request as I posted a couple of weeks back: excessive pop-ups regading the same addresses.

Whatever you may say, it WOULD be most useful fo the end-user to be able to limit repetitive notifications for a specific, or base address.

But as Marcos said then you won't have an idea that your AV is working on blocking

A feature that would hide the notifications would help I know , it's like going to AMD Settings , ESET will hammer you with notifications because of AMD And SysReq partnership , it would be nice to have hide notifications for this website , or to have the 20 same notification be able to be closed with one X click

Actually, you would.  I said REPETITIVE. If the software has blocked an address there is absolutely NO reason to be notified that it blocked the same address again and again.  If the address has indeed been blocked, what use for notifications?  Repeated and similar notifications are redundant, annoying and intrusive.

I fail to see the point in reinforcing previous postings just for the sake of posting.

• Most Valued Members
Just now, Hpoonis said:

Actually, you would.  I said REPETITIVE. If the software has blocked an address there is absolutely NO reason to be notified that it blocked the same address again and again.  If the address has indeed been blocked, what use for notifications?  Repeated and similar notifications are redundant, annoying and intrusive.

I fail to see the point in reinforcing previous postings just for the sake of posting.

It's good feature to hide them indeed I didn't say otherwise. , but sometimes you need those logs to keep coming so you know you are still in bad areas , or bad things are coming your way somehow.

• Most Valued Members
10 hours ago, Hpoonis said:

I suppose if the address was from a suspicious add on and you closed the notification you might forget and still be running it. I obviously understand your point though.

• 1 month later...

After uninstalling the Mcafee security software the pop ups are still showing on my browser whenever I am opening. I have got irritated with this popup, so I searched on google that how to stop mcafee pop ups and I found an article and that article have some sort of instructions, by using those instruction I came to fix my issue, you may also try this steps.

• Administrators

The best would be if you report to the company to contact us at samples[at]com since their website was compromised and @Trojan.JS/Agent.OGJ would be detected there even if it wasn't blacklisted.

• Most Valued Members
59 minutes ago, kylebabette said:

After uninstalling the Mcafee security software the pop ups are still showing on my browser whenever I am opening. I have got irritated with this popup, so I searched on google that how to stop mcafee pop ups and I found an article and that article have some sort of instructions, by using those instruction I came to fix my issue, you may also try this steps.

McAfee itself is a malware (that's a joke) and can give you hell to uninstall

Replace it with ESET or Kaspersky (If you don't want ESET) , and check your PC again.

• Most Valued Members
23 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I'd go for ESET, other AVs would likely not detect a thing there:

image.png

Same as me , been there since v1/2 and never left and I think never will :)