Check of update status of all network computers.

Hello,

Every month I have to make the screenshots of update status windows of all PCs in our network in order to check that the update of the virus database is going well on every computer.

Can you please direct me how I could achieve this task in a professional way using some Remote Agent or the like? We have Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and Windows 7 PCs. 

Thank you in advance.

Eset update status.jpg

Edited by Peter282

• Administrators

First of all, you have an old product for workstations ESET Endpoint Antivirus v5 installed on a server. Please uninstall it and install the latest ESET File Security v7.1.

In ESET Security Management Console, you could create a report of computers with outdated engine as follows:

image.png

image.png

I have to iinstall ESET File Security v7.1 on the server, but how about the workstation PCs - there 9 of them in the network. Should I change them also? And will the license be valid for File Security v7.1?

• Administrators

I would recommend contacting your local distributor regarding licensing. Looking at https://support.eset.com/en/kb3104-eset-business-bundles-and-packsfaq, even Endpoint protection standard includes a license for ESET File Security, probably for 1 server.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Peter282 said:

I have to iinstall ESET File Security v7.1 on the server, but how about the workstation PCs - there 9 of them in the network. Should I change them also? And will the license be valid for File Security v7.1?

Your current license should cover you to upgrade your Endpoints and your current server to the current versions

As also Marcos said the File Server license will be included among the Endpoints.

You also need to watch out while using Windows 7 , it left the support , unless you buy support from Microsoft.

Edited by Rami