Test DPC question

Hatus

These days I picked up an abandoned smartphone with a very old google account, unfortunately I didn't knew the password anymore, so I had to use a program named Test DPC to remove the Google account from the smartphone. My question is the following: If there was any virus on the phone before I used the program, hard reseting the smartphone will solve it? And where does Google keeps the information about the account, so it does know if there was an account before a hard reset?(Tried that before the Test DPC program).

• Most Valued Members
2 hours ago, Hatus said:

These days I picked up an abandoned smartphone with a very old google account, unfortunately I didn't knew the password anymore, so I had to use a program named Test DPC to remove the Google account from the smartphone. My question is the following: If there was any virus on the phone before I used the program, hard reseting the smartphone will solve it? And where does Google keeps the information about the account, so it does know if there was an account before a hard reset?(Tried that before the Test DPC program).

Your data is saved on cloud if you have enabled the option to upload them to the cloud(Google Backup)

If you had any virus and you did a hard reset which will remove the phone and reset it to factory defaults , my imagination would be that no virus will stay because you have removed everything but some of them might be smart enough to survive a reset , but that depends what is the threat and how it works.

Test DPC is something for developers for Android , why are you using it for this kind of tasks?

And beware of what you run on Android because some of this might be malicious

Edited by Rami