Blocked Site from AMD Adrenalin Software 2020

Time;URL;Status;Application;User;IP address;SHA1
12/11/2019 12:47:29 AM;hxxp://www.systemrequirementslab.com/services/systeminfo/28CA06ED-AC00-7A31-F22A-63396FD2A4F3/1232

Is this a legitimate site and if not why is AMD trying to access it?

• Administrators

System Requirements Lab is a PUA vendor. Detection of PUA (potentially unwanted applications) is optional. For more information about PUA, please read https://support.eset.com/en/what-is-a-potentially-unwanted-application-or-potentially-unwanted-content

• Most Valued Members
1 hour ago, dbergst said:

Time;URL;Status;Application;User;IP address;SHA1
12/11/2019 12:47:29 AM;hxxp://www.systemrequirementslab.com/services/systeminfo/28CA06ED-AC00-7A31-F22A-63396FD2A4F3/1232

Is this a legitimate site and if not why is AMD trying to access it?

AMD uses this probably to determine if your GPU/CPU is able to run the game properly , or receives some kind of information for the game configuration from sysreqlab

I am using ESET internet security, monthly subscription.

I cannot find the optional PUA setting on my software...

I think  support on AMD 2020 driver where i clean and install, can enhance the driver and the GPU with the softwares.

What do you think?

• Most Valued Members
6 hours ago, seaoneday said:

I am using ESET internet security, monthly subscription.

I cannot find the optional PUA setting on my software...

I think  support on AMD 2020 driver where i clean and install, can enhance the driver and the GPU with the softwares.

What do you think?

You can disable detecting PUAs in the Settings

https://support.eset.com/en/configure-eset-products-to-detect-or-ignore-unwanted-unsafe-and-suspicious-applications

• Administrators

It's safer to add the said url to the list of allowed addresses than disabling PUA detection completely if the OP is ok with that some information, such as the IP address will be transmitted to the PUA vendor.