Huge microstutter with nod32

LittleHarry

nod32 installes transfer 1 tb of data at peek transfer rates from nas to hardrive on PC lots of micro stuttering while gaming.

Uninstall nod32 ojnly run windows defender with realtime protection and everything, transfer the same 1 tb of data from nas to my hardrive on my PC no lag no micro stutter slightly more consistent speeds mind blown.

giphy.gif

This has been issue for like few years for me, how come uninstalling your software fix this issue, windows defender clearly has less performance impact on gaming let alone overall use, can you please fix this, or was this what i payed for if so i give up on nod32

Pausing realtime protection no, protocol filtering what is that even i only have nod32 anti virus not security so its possible that section is missing, there no firewall so that is out of question since i only run nod32

There large topic i found and then tryit uninstalling nod32 anti virus and no more micro stutter bassicly, let me reinstall and see which options are avaible to me and if they have any effect.

Oh and the topic i mentioned

https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/46819-pc-lagging-stuttering-during-network-traffic-win-10-a-3.html

If whitelisting ip range from 10.0.10.3 till 10.0.10.200 would be possible to ignore and would fix the issue would tryit that but i just cant find anything, seems any network data causes micro stutter i read not just file transfers. so no idea whats going on but i notice it especially on large file transfers from inside my network on my pc.

Edited by LittleHarry

• Administrators

I mean this setting:

image.png

If disabling it doesn't make any difference, it could be an issue with Windows Filtering Platform itself. It's a feature of Windows 8+ that serves for filtering application protocols or network communication by applications.

Oke i reinstalled without reboot no issues then reboot issues start again, then uninstall and reboot issues stay away, disabling protocol filtering has no effect, realtime protection no effect, there no firewall so that does't apply.

There is no issue in windows this issue only happens when nod32 is installed no issue when i uninstalled it, i hate bad coding as much as anyone but please do not blame Windows when clearly an issue in your software, i give it a week to resolve this issue, after that i just stick to windows defender which is clearly better.

Wouldn't surprise me if its hips issue with Intel network based drivers at this point, either way i am giving up for now i check back in a week if resolved thru update.

If there is a beta somewhere im willing to try that out to see if it has any effect, anyway av test show many anti virus have only 1% impact on network performance while nod32 test is from 2017 for some reason and has 17% impact

Edited by LittleHarry

• Administrators

Please try unregistering ESET from Windows Filtering Platform (WFP) as follows:

1, Download EpfwWfpRegV10.10-64.exe from https://drive.google.com/file/d/12NA8G4j_YUUhTe5zvvWFTlrUuIoa3LR6/

2, Run "EpfwWfpRegV10.10-64.exe /unreg" with elevated administrator rights. You should get something like this:
Unregistering callouts and filters through BFE.
Removed 56 (0) filters, 28 callouts, 2 sublayers, 1 providers.
Exit status 0x0: OK                                             

3, Check if the issue is gone. After a computer restart, ESET will re-register to WFP so do not restart the machine while testing.

but please do not blame Windows when clearly an issue in your software

Here is an example of Windows update that fixes an issue with WFP in older Windows systems that manifested when a 3rd party application / driver was injecting into WFP to perform network filtering:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2664888/computer-stops-responding-when-you-run-an-application-that-uses-the-wi

This proves that 3rd party software may be innocent if an issue occurs after installation of the software and not before and bugs may be in Windows itself.

That article only talks about Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Vista not windows 10, the bottom line is no issues without nod32 and there are issues with why should i trust some third party app that i dont know what it does exactly, if i had to go into the windows registry to change some things i would least know what is its changing, unlike that executable.

Sorry for reacting overly paranoid but i think if the software requires these kind of things to be done by normal user its probably bad software to begin with, it should run as advertised and not do anything else, no performance hampering on network trafic, you can patch your software or i just find another anti virus, i don't mind testing a beta of nod32 anti virus to see how that runs while doing large file transfer over my network.

• Administrators

For clarification, it was just an example of a Windows update to demonstrate that there were bugs in Windows Filtering Platform and other bugs are still there that have not been addressed yet. It was not meant that the said Windows update was supposed to fix this particular issue on Windows 10.

The tool was made by ESET's engineers. If we suggest users to run certain tools, we are 100% positive that they are innocuous. Even if one didn't trust ESET staff, it's possible to check the digital signature which shows:

image.png