offline client try to connect repository.eset.com

tbsky

Hi:

just upgrade to endpoint 7.2. I have some offline clients. when I click "update" at client GUI the client try to connect "repository.eset.com". and it shows failed after that. I assume this is a bug since offline client can not connect to internet.

• Administrators

Correct. How do you update the offline clients? Do you transfer the mirror folder on a USB flash or whatever and point them to update from that folder?

6 hours ago, Marcos said:

Correct. How do you update the offline clients? Do you transfer the mirror folder on a USB flash or whatever and point them to update from that folder?

we use mirrortool to mirror update and point client update to mirror(of course the mirrortool is updated version for 7.x).  it was working file for endpoint 6.x.  in fact it is working fine for 7.2 unless you click "check update" manually. if you didn't click, the scheduler update is working fine at background and shows no warnings.

it seems if you click "check update" when there is no new update at mirror, the client will try to connect internet and show failed message.

Edited by tbsky

On 11/24/2019 at 4:34 PM, Marcos said:

will this be fixed next version? or we need to fix it at configuration or mirrortool ? maybe the mirror from mirrortool didn't give enough files so client want to contact  "repository.eset.com" ?