ESET Internet Security Update Crashing PCs with Windows 7 and 8

Hello,
I have ESET Internet Security on a few PCs here at home, with Windows 10, 8 and 7 being their OS.

Since yesterday I've experienced an update issue, where the program black screens the PC right after it is done updating. It did happen yesterday in the Windows 8 machine (it did also corrupt the admin account with the crash which was a real pain to fix) and today with the Windows 7 one.

I can't update the Windows 8 PC no matter what as it is a notebook and it hasn't got Win 10 drivers, so I really hope this is a one-time issue or gets sorted out.

The problematic updates seem to be one of the following: the program's version 12.2.30.0 , "Detection Module" 20263 or "Rapid Response Module" 15153 as shown in the attached image.

ESET Crash Issue 2.PNG

ESET Crash Issue 1.PNG

• Administrators

Are you able to reproduce the issue? If so, please configure Windows to generate complete memory dumps as per https://support.eset.com/kb380/. When the issue occurs, trigger a manual crash to generate one. When done, compress it and provide it to us for perusal together with logs collected with ESET Log Collector.

It did update properly this time on the Windows 7 PC. Hope that was a one time only thing as I never had seen it in all my years with ESET.