An upgrade will take place on June 18, 2024 during the midday hours (UTC). The Forum will not be accessible for a short period of time. ×

Activation issue after update

Malik Awais

I had my licence key till 2021 , the activation was working fine and after i upgraded my eset , the key is now getting cancelled every time my licence key is gettingh an error that your licence is cancelled. 

another forum had a member who gave solution that he contacted eset technical support who made changes in hosts file of Windows32 folder of C. My host file has no such line which he said ,'DNS infected file' ..

Help required and provide information for resolution instead of pin pointing my wrong information such as whether you do provide licence key for 2 years or not.

Give me a solution that why my licence key is geting cancelled from your side.

version 12.2.30

Untitled.png

12 minutes ago, Marcos said:

I was able to find only a trial version registered to your forum's registration email address. Did you purchase your license from ESET ME (https://www.eset.com/me/)? What is your license public ID?

the licence key cant be shared for privacy issues. Can you share details or reasons as to why the licence which was working fine previously on v12 is now getting cancelled when i made a mistale of updating it to v13. while the same licence (valid for 3 devices) is working fine when i installed it on other laptop ???

can you share the solution ? it may be related to any changes in memory of laptop,(command prompt or registery or hosts or any such thing). There are always some other way around techniques to bypass the errors 

Edited by Malik Awais

• Administrators

If you refuse to provide your license key to ESET staff, then we're unable to help. Please contact the seller from whom you purchased your license.

• Most Valued Members
3 hours ago, Malik Awais said:

the licence key cant be shared for privacy issues. Can you share details or reasons as to why the licence which was working fine previously on v12 is now getting cancelled when i made a mistale of updating it to v13. while the same licence (valid for 3 devices) is working fine when i installed it on other laptop ???

can you share the solution ? it may be related to any changes in memory of laptop,(command prompt or registery or hosts or any such thing). There are always some other way around techniques to bypass the errors 

The public license isn't the same as your main one and can be shared. You can also drop a private message to a mod e.g Marcos if you are still unsure or create a support ticket. Response may be slower right now due to it being the weekend