Jump to content
freesolo

License activation error code ACT.33

Recommended Posts

Hi, I had to downgrade from EIS 13.x back to 12.x because Pulse Secure wasn't letting me into my company's VPN and did not like EIS 13.x. However now I get Error Code ACT.33. Does anyone know what this means? I wish EIS had the ability to revert to a previous version, without having to make the user uninstall/reinstall/ enter in license code again.

Thanks for any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hii, i have the similar error please can you help me? i need work and i can't actívate my antivirus 😕 i see the ACT.33 , i try change the country, and i trying with espanish then with english and nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, freesolo said:

Hi, I had to downgrade from EIS 13.x back to 12.x because Pulse Secure wasn't letting me into my company's VPN and did not like EIS 13.x. However now I get Error Code ACT.33. Does anyone know what this means? I wish EIS had the ability to revert to a previous version, without having to make the user uninstall/reinstall/ enter in license code again.

I was able to find only a trial license registered to your forum's registration email address. Did you use a different email address when purchasing your license? What's the public ID of your license? Did you purchase it from your local authorized distributor or reseller?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cris6cat said:

Hii, i have the similar error please can you help me? i need work and i can't actívate my antivirus 😕 i see the ACT.33 , i try change the country, and i trying with espanish then with english and nothing.

I was able to find only an expired license registered to your forum's registration email address. Did you use a different email address when purchasing your license? What's the public ID of your license? Did you purchase it from your local authorized distributor or reseller?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Marcos,

That is correct, I had to obtain a trial license so that i can at least get this thing running again. I tried to enter my license into license manager, but I am unable to as I get " This license is used on too many devices.". I recall having installed the license on a few virtual machines for testing, and then I deleted those virtual machines. I noticed this error is related to a situation when a license is used in a different country than what the license has on file. So I don't understand whats going on. Yes, I purchased the license from a reseller. Thanks for any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please provide your license public ID as asked for in my previous reply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can I provide it if I only have the license code itself and cannot add it to license manager to get the public ID as stated in my previous reply

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can drop me a private message with your license key enclosed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2019 at 12:22 AM, Marcos said:

I was able to find only an expired license registered to your forum's registration email address. Did you use a different email address when purchasing your license? What's the public ID of your license? Did you purchase it from your local authorized distributor or reseller?

i buyed the license in my city, i supposed its original, i have the sealed box with a code bars, How i can check the license is original?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...