How to share a license?

Luuk

I recently purchased a license for ESET Internet Security. My wife also wants to use ESET now, so I've added one more device to my license as I understood this is what you need to do when sharing a license with family or friends.
From the license manager I clicked "Share license" and add my wife's email address. After this she received an email with a link to the ESET website with an activation token. As she did not have an account yet, she was prompted to create one, and so she did. So far so good, however, the shared license was nowhere to be found on her account. We thought it could be that something went wrong as she created the account after it was shared, so I withdraw the shared license and shared it again. She did get the same notification email that I had shared this license with her, but again this license could not be found on her account.
So we thought perhaps I needed to share my license key with her. Wrong again, my key could not be shared. While searching for a solution online, the only information we could find is that the recipient of the shared license would receive an email with instructions on how to install etc. However, there are no instructions at all in those emails. The link that says "see more details about license" simply points to www.eset.com.
In other words, there appears to be no information at all on how to actually share a license. I now have paid for a second seat which we cannot use. I have probably just overlooked some information that is somewhere on the ESET website but it should not be that hard to find.

Anyway, can anyone here enlighten us on how to actually share a license?

• Most Valued Members
20 hours ago, Luuk said:

I recently purchased a license for ESET Internet Security. My wife also wants to use ESET now, so I've added one more device to my license as I understood this is what you need to do when sharing a license with family or friends.
From the license manager I clicked "Share license" and add my wife's email address. After this she received an email with a link to the ESET website with an activation token. As she did not have an account yet, she was prompted to create one, and so she did. So far so good, however, the shared license was nowhere to be found on her account. We thought it could be that something went wrong as she created the account after it was shared, so I withdraw the shared license and shared it again. She did get the same notification email that I had shared this license with her, but again this license could not be found on her account.
So we thought perhaps I needed to share my license key with her. Wrong again, my key could not be shared. While searching for a solution online, the only information we could find is that the recipient of the shared license would receive an email with instructions on how to install etc. However, there are no instructions at all in those emails. The link that says "see more details about license" simply points to www.eset.com.
In other words, there appears to be no information at all on how to actually share a license. I now have paid for a second seat which we cannot use. I have probably just overlooked some information that is somewhere on the ESET website but it should not be that hard to find.

Anyway, can anyone here enlighten us on how to actually share a license?

I'm not sure about the sharing part but I gather you bought a package e.g. for a few licenses as the default standard eset comes with one license.

I followed the instructions on this page: https://help.eset.com/license_manager/en-US/elm_share_license.html

There it states: "If you have a free seat in your license and you would like to share it with your family and friends, click the icon_shareShare License button. In the pop-up window, you can invite a friend to use one seat in your license and install ESET product. Enter an email address of someone you would like to share your license with and confirm sharing a license. Click ICON_PLUS to add more email addresses. Every recipient will receive an invitation email with further instructions."

However, there are no "further instructions" in the invitation emails.