Fun message displayed when accessing forum from Chrome

Samoréen

This is probably not the site you are looking for!
You attempted to reach forum.eset.com, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as enterprise-ssl.invisionpower.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of forum.eset.com.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

Not exactly what one would expect when visiting this site. I have had similar problems with this forum under Firefox but they had probably the same cause : inconsistency between the site address and the SSL certificate. Should this happen on the ESET forum  :D ?

InvisionPower is the company hosting the forums.

I have never seen this kind of misdirection since i started using IP board forums as well as ESET forums.

What version of Firefox are you running? Are you using SSL scanning with ESET? Have you imported the certificate properly into Firefox if so ?

I would also clear your web cache, as misdirects are usually the result of cache mixups.

The fact that you had a problem getting to the site shows more that the site is well guarded and locked down, rather than vulnerable in my opinion.

Edited by Arakasi

What version of Firefox are you running?

I have this problem with Chrome version 33.0.1750.154 m . As mentioned above, I have had this problem in the past but for the moment, it's ok.

Are you using SSL scanning with ESET? Have you imported the certificate properly into Firefox if so ?

Yes. Second question irrelevant since the problem is with Chrome (but the answer is yes).

The fact that you had a problem getting to the site shows more that the site is well guarded and locked down, rather than vulnerable in my opinion.

Ahem, I would just say that there is some inconsistency with the SSL certificate management and / or the domain name management. By the way, I also have the same problem with Internet Explorer :

There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.  

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.  

I no longer have the problem with Firefox after tweaking the SSL settings.

This issue is only appearing on this forum. I'm visiting many other forums and I don't have any similar problem.

I guess this problem will always occur when the server is setup to return the very same certificate whatever the alias used to access the forum. However, the ESET forum is not the only forum hosted by a third-party company, so something must be wrong in the server settings.