Difficulty updating license key

Hi,

I am having difficulty updating my license key on our business server.  I have the new key, and have followed the instructions given on the ESET website, but have not been able to complete this task.  Any tips?

• Administrators

Do you want to replace the license key used for activation directly in ESET's File Security or Mail Security gui? Normally no action should be required after renewing a license and your existing license key is should be extended by another year or two.

I'm attempting to activate the renewal license key.  It shows that it will expire soon (in about 3 weeks), but we have paid for a renewal of ESET NOD32 services, and have been emailed the new key.

When I open the ESET program on the server, the date still shows the expiry date as ending at the beginning of October.

I followed the instructions given on the website  "You can change your license in the main program window. To do so, click Help and support > Activate License and enter the license data you received with your ESET security product into the Product activation window."

I tried that it it doesnt give me that option.

I also tried the option through the ESET program, but it would not work.

This is somewhat new to me. 

• Administrators

Please provide the public license ID (PLID) of your license so that I can look it up on files. You can post it publicly here, PLID cannot be misused for activation by others and it serves for identification purposes. I was unable to find any license registered to your forum's registration email address so it must be a different one.

• Administrators

Didn't find any issues with the license. Did you enter the license key BXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXS (characters replaced with X) in this window? If the date of expiration doesn't update immediately, try rebooting the machine. The product checks for license updates via DNS queries in a 5 min. interval.

image.png

I can't open that file type, but I either way, I also can't find any window to input the key.  Been searching through the ESET help section, because I figured there has got to be somewhere to enter the updated key.

I appreciate your help.

• Administrators

Not sure what you mean by file type since you have to copy the license key (ie. the string in the form  BXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXS) to clipboard and paste it into the activation window as shown above.

Thanks for the help.  I found the error.  I hadnt updated the username and password.    The email I got had the username/password on the same line and it confused me.  Got it figured out and updated.  

• ESET Staff

@optimal_max Out of curiosity, which version of our product are you using? It would sound to me that you are still using the old generation 4 product, which did not support license key back then. If your server is not extremely old, and it is the case I would recommend you to upgrade, as you are using a product that is almost a decade old.