Problem updating to Latest Program version

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

ESET told me this morning that the application files needed to be updated, so i ran the update from within the client, a windows installer window appeared, the bar started moving and then it disappeared. I checked the version, and i was still on 6.0.316.0 . I manually downloaded the setup file and ran from an admin account , i received the attached  message . I therefore tried to remove the software manually form add/remove program it gave me the same message. i am now out of ideas . 

post-3204-0-16560100-1394625875_thumb.png

Edited by Jungle_Jon

• Administrators
  • Solution

This prompt window appears if the original msi installation file has been removed from the C:\Windows\Installer folder. Did you delete files in that folder intentionally? 

To uninstall ESS v6 manually, run the Uninstall tool in safe mode. Then download and install the latest version 7 downloadable from ESET's website.

yes my OS is installed on 60Gb SSD drive and the install folder was 10GB so after doing some research and making a backup i deleted the folder. i was just about to restore the back up when i checked this thread again. Thank you for your reply it worked fine ( i didn't have to reinstall NIC drivers, as the program warned),  and you clearly have very detailed product knowledge. This thread can be locked \ deleted as needed ,