Moving ESET Server to a new Domain

RCD_Matt

Hi,

For various reasons that I won't go into here we are currently running a very old domain (Win 2000). We are finally in a position to upgrade this and are weighing up the pros and con of updating the existing domain vs just creating a new one and migrating everything over.

We are currently running the ESET Endpoint encryption server on a Windows 2012 box that is joined to the existing domain (we do not use AD sync - all accounts are administered from within the ESET console itself). We are also using FDE.

Can anybody point me in the right direction to find out what would happen / break if i disjoin the ESET server from the old domain and join it to the new one? Would I have to un-encrypt every laptop first or could I stage this (if it's needed at all) - the clients will be being moved over to the new domain as well but obviously the domain administrator account itself (used to install the software) will change.

Will licensing be affected at all?

Many thanks

Matt

• ESET Staff

Hello Matt,

Moving from/ to domains is irrelevant to the communication. you will always have contact with a machine once its activated wherever it is situated.

In terms of sending commands and controlling encryption, you have nothing to worry about.

Therefore, licencing will stay unaffected. 

BR

Ervin Rendek, PM for Encryption solutions