escan logs so large it makes computer unstable

I have eset internet security on one of my home computers and suddenly it has been more unstable with no disc space. After using the old program windirstat I found out the logs of eset internet security  taking up more than half of my OS disc. Whats the correct way to delete this? 

Also I have problem with links inside docker desktop since when scanning it follows it recursive over and over and over... Can this be releated?

buggEset.JPG

Edited by electro
word not correct

• Administrators

Please make sure that you don't have logging of all scanned files enabled:

image.png

image.png

You can delete the files in the escan folder.

I have checked deep scanning and smart scanning Both have log all objects set to X.

Edited by electro

• Administrators

Maybe you had logging of all files enabled in the past. Please delete the content of the escan folder and check if big files continue to be created there. Scan logs without the extensive logging enabled should be small.

Checked date modified and date created. Strangely enough.. no these files are not old. two weeks tops. Does scheduled scans also store if they should log the files?

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, electro said:

Does scheduled scans also store if they should log the files?

Yes, they do. However, if a scheduled scan uses a profile that has logging of all files disabled, it shouldn't generate big logs either.

1 minute ago, Marcos said:

Yes, they do. However, if a scheduled scan uses a profile that has logging of all files disabled, it shouldn't generate big logs either.

Then we have a problematic mystery...

• ESET Insiders

From looking at the picture in the initial post, EIS v12.2.23.0 should not have the directory branch "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Smart Security". The correct branch is "C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Security".

It seems you may have leftovers from a much older installation.

• Administrators

Perhaps the best course of action would be uninstalling ESET and installing the latest version 12.2.23 from scratch. As staskz mentioned, it appears you had ESET Smart Security installed in the past which changed to ESET Internet Security as of v10. Although the upgrade should have been seamless, the ProgramData folder didn't change from ESET Smart Security to ESET Security for some reason.

This is true.. I have upgraded my Eset installation many times, This is originally an windows 7 pro installation.

Will try uninstallation/ reinstallation in a few days