ESET ISS & Banking

Hey guys!

Recently I have purchased few licensees of NOD32 and as I said, it was the best move I've made in years as far is security software.

Today I have tried Internet Security Suite  and I have to say it's beyond what I have expected, specifically the firewall options.  Reason I have never considered ISS because I have been using Outpost Firewall PRO and it has very good leak protection alongside some very useful functions but...

1. OFP won't work with windows 10

2. It has also very small memory leak and it was never really fixed before the developers quit so I have been putting up with that but tbh. It wasn't much of an issue at least in my main system.

Today I have seriously consider ESET's SS and as  I was playing with some of the firewall functions I have to say, Its very close to what Outpost  have offered as far is functions, I am more and more intrigued by ESET' so I'm thinking on getting few licensees of ISS.

My question is, as far is banking goes, Is that similar to when you running e.g. FF in private browsing, what other function ESET adds to that.

Also I know I can import/export settings from NOD32 to ISS but  is there a way of doing the same thing with everything else e.g. Firewall and such to preserve and import or export settings I always like to have settings backed up if needed for later restore.

Any preference as far is settings other then Antivirus part.

I would probably figure all that out but it would take me who knows so help in good direction is always appreciated.

Thanks again   

18 minutes ago, URBAN0 said:

Also I know I can import/export settings from NOD32 to ISS

I would say this is a no-no.

NOD32 doesn't contain the firewall. Since the export file is .xml and parameters within are positional, suspect an import into ISS would mess up things quite a bit.

OK. I thought I have seen somewhere here that this was possible but that's OK no big deal, there isn't much settings I have changed from defaults in NOD32

That's OK I just tested and import/export in ISS backed up all aspects of ISS so that's good.

Also, do you know more in depth about the ESET banking opposed to private browsing.

Thank you

Edited by URBAN0

FYI...you may confuse some folks using the term ISS. EIS = ESET Internet Security (used to be ESET Smart Security) & ESSP = ESET Smart Security Premium. Glad you appreciate ESET software.

As far as BPP (Banking and Payment Protection) you might want to take a look at this KB.... http://support.eset.com/kb5657/

Regards,

Tom

6 minutes ago, TomFace said:

FYI...you may confuse some folks using the term ISS. EIS = ESET Internet Security (used to be ESET Smart Security) & ESSP = ESET Smart Security Premium. Glad you appreciate ESET software.

As far as BPP (Banking and Payment Protection) you might want to take a look at this KB.... hxxp://support.eset.com/kb5657/

Regards,

Tom

Thank you for the correction and link to my inquiry 😉

Edited by URBAN0

41 minutes ago, URBAN0 said:

Also, do you know more in depth about the ESET banking opposed to private browsing.

If you are referring to FireFox "private mode," B&PP will open it in that mode. However and by design, and extensions and add-ons are disabled. I assume the same holds true for Chrome.

However for IE11, it opens in B&PP in normal mode. However, you can switch to private mode in B&PP w/o issue.

Remember that you should not be using B&PP for normal browsing sessions but only for connection to your financial or other sites that require locked down browser protection.

Edited by itman

OK is there something I'm doing wrong, every time I will open any PDF that is on desktop, it wakes up all of the HDDs I know th9is was an issue with main UI but I'm not understanding, I also disabled scan upon opening file, still does that

The Banking & Payment Protection only available in Eset Internet Security & ESET  Smart Security Premium, for the old version of ESET Smart Security (this discontinue version didn't had The Banking & Payment Protection) replace by Eset Internet Security.

This is the sample of The Banking & Payment Protection (you must choose between Firefox or Chrome instead of Edge as the default browser).

907547615_BankingPaymentProtectioninFirefox.thumb.jpg.39d4aefb4da11824e4d68f57480e2aad.jpg

On 7/22/2019 at 4:58 PM, URBAN0 said:

OK is there something I'm doing wrong, every time I will open any PDF that is on desktop, it wakes up all of the HDDs I know th9is was an issue with main UI but I'm not understanding, I also disabled scan upon opening file, still does that

You may want to open up a ticket with Support so it can be tracked..

https://www.eset.com/us/support/contact/

Regards,

Tom

Edited by TomFace

34 minutes ago, TomFace said:

You may want to open up a ticket with Support so it can be tracked..

https://www.eset.com/us/support/contact/

Regards,

Tom

Thanks for suggestion but this has been sort it out. Issue has actually nothing to do with ESET.

The issue is with  Acrobat itself and the developers are looking into that.

Thank you again